By Anna Forbes | Nov 18, 2022 | Blog
Microsoft Intune Solves Issues Related to Device Security at Your Maryland Business
Today, employees are working anywhere and everywhere. Your employees need to access company files and applications from laptops, workstations, smartphones and tablets. At the same time, you need to keep all of this secure – so only the right people can access what they are authorized to work with, from authorized devices.
Intune from Microsoft is an endpoint management tool designed to solve all the issues related to device control and security. Intune’s controls can be divided into device and application management:
Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Enroll – authorized company or personal devices (BYOD – bring your own device)
- Deploy – apps, certificates, email, VPN, Wi-Fi profiles, MFA/security settings, device restrictions
- Protect – restrict access, limit cut/copy/paste, save functions, report on compliance
- Support – remote assistance, manage access/device retirement, audit lost or stolen devices
Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Conditional access – Only allow authorized users AND devices to access certain applications, add security steps like requiring a pin. Control access to cloud as well as on-premise applications and data.
- App protection policies – Protect applications and the data associated with it. Allow people to move data between certain applications but not others.
Most importantly, Intune is a cloud-based service, so you can manage everything remotely, which is absolutely essential for all the work environments businesses need to support today. In addition, it’s important to note that Intune also integrates smoothly with the broader Microsoft Endpoint Management tools. Allowing you to seamlessly access desktop analytics or use Intune to configure Windows updates and so on.
Intune is a great example of why companies commit to the Microsoft ecosystem. Microsoft has made it cost-effective for businesses of all sizes to take advantage of enterprise-level endpoint management – a key part of any IT security profile. If you’d like to learn more about Intune and how it works with the rest of Microsoft’s security tools and licensing, contact us today.
We’re proud to be a Maryland Microsoft Gold Partner for Application Integration and Datacenter technologies as well as a Silver Certified Partner for Cloud Platform and Small & Midmarket Cloud Solutions.