By Keith Millett | Sep 30, 2016 | Blog
CTI will be raising funds during the month of October to support the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. This event will be held on Sunday, October 23rd at 8:00am at Executive Plaza in Hunt Valley, MD.
Where Funds Go- Why Komen?
- The combination of science, education, and direct help to people facing breast cancer has lead to a 37% decline in mortality from 1990 to 2013.
- Komen has funded more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit ($889 million to date, second only to the U.S. government).
- Komen focuses on supporting those with the fewest resources: uninsured, underinsured, and low-income women and men unable to access care.
- Education = Action. Komen works in community centers, churches, local clinics and schools to educate people about breast cancer. Komen makes people aware of the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, and connects them with the resources they need.
We Need Your Help
Ways you can help CTI make a difference in the fight against breast cancer:
- Join Our Walk Team: CTI will have our very own walk team on event day- the CTI Steppers. If you are interested in joining us on walk day, visit our team page today!
- Make a Donation: Can’t make it to the event? Please consider donating to this incredible cause.
For more information on the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, check out their website!
If you have any questions, please let us know. Contact Team Captain Kayla Twain at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (410) 568-7216