Microsoft 365 for Business: Connectivity & Efficiency in the Palm of Your Hand
By Jordan Levush | Aug 06, 2021 | Blog
The Office 365 business solutions you know (and love) are only getting bigger, better, and more effective. Now known as Microsoft 365 for Business, companies can surpass their business goals, boost creativity and collaboration, and most importantly, stay connected in an all-in-one cloud system. With the help of a Microsoft Gold Partner and Cloud Solution Provider like CTI, your business will be in the best shape for remote work, well-protected from cybersecurity threats, and saving big while creating more opportunities for growth.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner for Application Integration and Datacenter technologies, as well as a Silver Certified Partner for Cloud Platform and Small & Midmarket Cloud Solutions, CTI is the company you can depend on for Microsoft 365 support and services.
Breaking Down the Microsoft 365 Business Plans
Choosing the right Microsoft 365 Business plan boils down to your business’ requirements—from the most basic to the most advanced. Our team can sit down with you and go through your wants and needs, piece by piece, to ensure you select the plan that’s the best value for your field of work and your employees’ work efforts. Microsoft 365 Business plans are as follows:
- Standard & Premium
- Apps for Business
Just like the plan’s name suggests, Microsoft 365 Business Basic includes the staple applications and services—without all the additional bells and whistles. With an annual commitment of $5 user/month, Microsoft 365 Business Basic offers:
- Web and mobile versions of your favorite Microsoft applications—think Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word
- Customized domains for business emails (like email@example.com)
- Synchronized calendar settings—making meetings, calls, and scheduling a breeze
- OneDrive cloud storage for the ultimate archive
- Access to Microsoft Teams for real-time collaboration and engagement
- Exchange Online Protection to prevent cybersecurity attacks
- And more
Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Premium offer everything that the Business Basic plan does with an abundance of additional capabilities. Both requiring an annual commitment, Microsoft 365 Business Standard costs a total of $12.50 user/month, while Microsoft 365 Business Premium rings in at $20 user/month.
Depending on the size of your company, the possibility for total remote work, and the amount of security needed, Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Premium come bearing advanced data protection, a surplus of cloud storage, and the ability to access information and applications via Macs, PCs, smartphones, tablets, and more. Key features of the plans include:
- Desktop, mobile, and web access to Office apps—including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher (PC), and Access (PC)
- Intune and Azure Information Protection for the Premium plan
- The ability to offer webinars directly through Microsoft Teams
- Superior security protection through Microsoft Defender, and the ability to pick and choose who sees specific information on specific devices with the Premium plan
- And more
For on-the-go businesses that require seamless file editing and sharing across the Office applications, Microsoft 365 Apps for Business might be the best solution. Focusing primarily on the well-known applications—like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more—this plan offers desktop and mobile capabilities with OneDrive storage. Unlike the other three plans, Microsoft Teams is not offered within this package. Like the others, Microsoft 365 Apps for Business is an annual commitment costing $8.25 user/month.