Four Ways to use Microsoft Defender for Business Efficiency
By Anna Forbes | Nov 18, 2022 | Blog
Microsoft Defender for Business Offers Solid Ransomware Attack Protection
Cybersecurity for small to medium sized businesses is often overlooked once a basic antivirus solution is in place. Many businesses make the mistake of thinking they don’t need to worry about cybersecurity because their data is not sensitive or attractive to outsiders. This is unfortunately not at all the case is today’s business environment. Ransomware attacks are no longer relegated to large businesses. In fact, there has been a 300% increase in ransomware attacks in the past year*. Additionally, the targets that are easiest for these attackers – are small and medium sized businesses that haven’t given much thought to their cybersecurity set up and endpoint protection.
But the good news is, you don’t need to hire an entire IT team or expand your IT department to protect your business. Microsoft Defender for Business was created specifically for your small to medium sized business with up to 300 employees. It serves as an all-in-one endpoint security solution.
Some key features that make Microsoft Defender for Business a turnkey solution:
- Cloud connected & AI powered
- Provides real time, actionable information on possible and actual threats
- Looks at entire environment specific to your business, including your unique set up of users, devices, access levels, endpoints, networks, etc.
- Aggregates alerts into a single incident with one central point for management
But even for businesses that are aware of the need for this level of cybersecurity, it can be daunting to set up and manage these systems. The beauty of Microsoft Defender for business is that it’s a cost-effective, turnkey solution. As a result, you can run your business without having to dedicate additional resources to cybersecurity.
Four Ways Microsoft Defender Creates Efficient Protection
- Security beyond traditional anti-virus basics –this is not a simple antivirus software, Microsoft Defender is next level, multi-faceted threat detection, protection, investigation and remediation.
- Endpoint Protection – Whether you have on-premise or remote activities, or a combination of both, Microsoft Defender encompasses your entire environment of users, devices and networks.
- Centralized Management – No more counting on individual users to pass along flags occurring at the device level. Microsoft Defender allows you to have visibility into your entire business environment so that you can manage any potential threats from one location.
- Automatic Remediation – Possible threats are automatically investigated and addressed so you don’t have to maintain a dedicated analyst on staff. This also allows your existing staff can focus on other IT needs.
Microsoft Defender’s full suite of protection and prevention is available as part of your Microsoft 365 for businesses premium plan or as a stand-alone application. Even if you’re not sure where to start or how to use what you already have in place. CTI can help with Microsoft security offerings and support services. Contact us to get started.
*Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, May 6, 2021, ABC report,