By Laura Natcher | Feb 26, 2020 | Events
Thursday, March 26, 2020
11:30 AM – 1:00 PM EST
AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar
6741 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Please join us for a lunch and learn on March 26, 2020 at AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar located in Columbia, Maryland. During this educational event, you will learn the methods that an attacker may use to gain unauthorized access to a victim’s systems, data, and facilities. This simulated educational event will put you in the driver’s seat of an attacker and take you through various scenarios that are relevant to your organization.
This event will be catered by AIDA Bistro & Wine Bar offering the freshest food, straight from local farms for 17 years. This is an excellent opportunity to engage with CTI’s cybersecurity experts who will provide best practices that you can leverage to protect your organization.
Seating is limited… Reserve your spot here and please invite a colleague!
The following scenarios will be reviewed during the simulated training:
- Who Are You? – Hackers will attempt to gain as much information and insight about you prior to an attack. There are several ways in which you or your organization can protect yourself.
- Closer Than You Think – An attacker may try to gain physical access to your workplace. There are several sources in which they can find information to make it appear as if they are a legitimate employee.
- On a Phishing Trip – One of the most successful attack methods an attacker will use is through phishing. An attacker’s goal is to use deception to lure the victim into opening an email attachment or clicking a malicious URL.
- I Am You – Data breaches are occurring at a rapid rate in which user credentials are compromised. Passwords are no longer the security blanket that they used to be. This scenario will show you how an attacker can crack a password in minutes.
- Over The Air – Everywhere you go, the Internet is accessible through wireless. This can be at the local coffee shop, store outlet, or restaurant. But how do you know if your connection is secure? Hackers are able to spoof wireless access points to insert themselves in-between a connection to obtain sensitive information.
- Show Me The Money – Cybercrime is turning into a billion dollar industry. One of the reasons it is profitable is due to ransomware. Do you have controls in place to protect against your files being encrypted?
CTI’s SHIELD Suite encompasses all of our Consult Services offerings. Our portfolio of customized assessments identify and prioritize your business requirements, match IT technologies and processes to business drivers, and deliver actionable recommendations to increase your productivity and reduce costs. Our Consult team excels at conducting rigorous evaluations of IT security controls, business continuity, and network documentation is comprised of CISSPs and CISAs with strong backgrounds in security and compliance. The end result of an evaluation with our Consult team is a comprehensive assessment that the client owns.